Last modified: February 5, 2018
We want to make sure that you understand how we gather, use and protect your information. This policy applies to (a) information we gather (i) on www.truhearing.com (our “Website”), (ii) through email and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and (iii) through your interactions (both electronic and otherwise) with TruHearing employees; and (b) all services offered by TruHearing and its affiliates, including services offered through other TruHearing applications (e.g., Echo). It does not apply to information collected by third parties, services offered by other companies or individuals, or information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our services.
This policy explains:
- What information we collect and how we collect it.
- How we use that information and how you can limit its use.
- How we keep your information safe.
Your privacy matters to us, so please take time to read and understand this policy. By accessing or using this Website or any of our services, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, you must not use our Website or our services.
This policy may change from time to time. By continuing to use this Website and TruHearing’s services after we make changes to this policy, you accept such changes.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and our services, including:
- Information by which you may be identified, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- Information that is about you but does not identify you; and
- Information about your internet connection, the computer/device you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information in two ways:
- Directly from you. Information you provide us directly includes:
- Personal information provided when you contact TruHearing, such as your name, email address, and telephone number.
- Information provided when you purchase a product through TruHearing, such as your credit card number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us and your financial transaction history.
- Information provided to us through interactive features on our Website (“User Contributions”).
- Through automatic data collection technologies. As you interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Such information may include details of your visits to our Website (e.g., length, number and frequency; pages viewed; how you navigated to the Website) and information about your computer/device and internet connection, including your IP address, approximate geographic location, operating system and browser type. We may use this information to help us improve our Website by enabling us to, among other things, (a) estimate usage and usage patterns (i.e., Website metrics); (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website to your interests; and (c) recognize you when you return to our Website. We may also use this information for advertising purposes. The automatic data collection technologies we use may include:
- Cookies. Cookies are small files placed in your computer’s hard drive. You may select a browser setting to refuse to accept cookies, but doing so may make certain parts of our Website inaccessible to you. Our system may issue cookies when you visit our website unless you activate this setting on your web browser.
- Flash cookies. Certain Website features may use local stored objects (Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website.
- Web beacons. Our Website pages and our emails may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to track who visits specific pages or opens certain emails and other related Website statistics (e.g., the popularity of certain Website content).
We do not automatically collect Personal Information.
This Website is not intended for children younger than 13 years old, and no one younger than 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children younger than 13 years old. If you are younger than 13, do not make any purchases through this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we discover that we have received information from a child younger than 13 years old without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to us (including Personal Information) or the information we collect about you (including Personal Information):
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide the information and in any other way as described when you provide the information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts or transactions between you and us, including billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or the services we offer or provide through it.
- For other purposes with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may interest you. You may opt-out of such communications if you do not want to receive them as outlined below.
Disclosure of Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually bound to keep Personal Information confidential and only use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., hearing health care providers with whom you make an appointment).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TruHearing’s assets in which Personal Information held by TruHearing is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with a court order, law or legal process, including in response to a governmental or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of TruHearing, our customers, or others.
Our use of your information complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone.
Limiting How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You may control how we use and disclose your information in the following ways:
- If you prefer that we do not use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may opt-out by indicating that you do not want to receive such communications when asked by a TruHearing representative or by clicking on the opt-out link in any such electronic communication.
We work hard to protect against the unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of the user information in our possession. In particular:
- Our Website is secure, and we encrypt all communications between your browser and our Website.
- We encrypt our customer database.
- We encrypt all payment transactions using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to TruHearing employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you choose or are provided with a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. Because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Information you transmit through our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is done at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any circumvention of the privacy settings or security measures of the Website or other TruHearing applications.
©TruHearing, Inc., 2018
- Directly from you. Information you provide us directly includes: