Contact Center Director
Reports To: VP of Customer Experience and Operations
Location: Draper, UT
Travel Required: None
Salary Range: DOE
Position Type: Full Time
TruHearing is a friendly, customer-focused organization that makes a real difference in people’s lives. We help people afford hearing aids by working with insurance companies, hearing aid companies, and healthcare providers across the country to reduce prices and expand access to care. Our employees enjoy a positive working environment and opportunities for advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including an on-site fitness center, reduced pricing on UTA passes with easy access to Front Runner, educational assistance program, seasonal company parties, and more. Join a company recognized in the Salt Lake Tribune as one of Utah’s Top Workplaces!
About the Position:
Our business is growing and we are looking for an experienced self-starter to fill a Contact Center Director role. The Contact Center Director (“Director of Customer Experience”) will be directly responsible for the planning and execution of all contact center operations for our sales and customer care team (hearing consultants) that handles inbound inquiries from potential and current patients and provider-facing agents to service our network of over 5,000 hearing professionals that interact with TruHearing’s patients around the country. This position will also be responsible for WFM and Quality for both the patient- and provider-facing teams.
TruHearing has established an impeccable reputation as a trusted provider of hearing services and hearing aids by partnering with highly regarded health plans to give their members access to TruHearing’s program. TruHearing continues to expand its product offerings in new health insurance markets and in increasingly complex product offerings. As a result of this increased complexity, TruHearing’s contact center teams must be prepared to field inquiries from patients and providers with diverse needs and plan benefits and help convert them into lifelong TruHearing devotees. Each interaction is extremely valuable to TruHearing and provides the opportunity for TruHearing to positively impact their lives. Our contact center care team must be able to effortlessly and efficiently educate these patients and providers about the benefits of the TruHearing program (make the complex simple). This is a hands-on role and this person will be responsible for wide-ranging duties from higher level planning and analysis to supervision and training of the contact center team and its management. This position reports to the VP of Customer Experience and Operations.
- Must have at least 8+ years of call center leadership and operations experience in rapid growth companies
- Proven track record in driving sales in an inbound (warm lead) environment
- Experience leading and scaling small to large call centers
- Professional presentation delivery (client and internal facing experience)
- Project management responsibility for department-level projects
- Prior management experience should include supervision of specialists in coaching, operations, analysis, training and other resources supporting success
- Omni-channel implementation experience (Chat and/or Email)
- A positive individual who is able to motivate their team in a positive manner, while maintaining a culture of trust and accountability
- Solid analytical skills with a desire to understand the “why” behind the numbers and a sound understanding of how to use and interpret data in problem solving, performance improvement and strategic planning
- A deep commitment to creating an environment of continuous learning and improvement
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Strategically focused on improving and scaling our contact center operations
- Develop strategies regarding future needs and enhancements that align with company goals
- Proactively work towards reducing customer complaint drivers
- Lead planning efforts to scale the contact center to handle a changing volume and complexity of incoming customer interactions
- Partner with Marketing, Business Development and Client Engagement, and Learning and Development teams to develop strategies that ensure TruHearing is successfully branded in every interaction
- Develop strategies to improve conversion and customer satisfaction metrics
- Tactically focused on ensuring strategic initiatives are successfully implemented, documented and are evaluated regularly
- Analyze, benchmark and drive conversion and customer satisfaction metrics
- Design and deliver results for key performance indicators to meet and exceed department goals and expectations
- Leads collaboration efforts with other departments and external vendors to identify and resolve system or process issues before those issues impact service
- Organization & Planning
- Develop and implement effective work force planning and optimization of staffing resources
- Create and regularly review standard operating procedures
- Develop and implement approved process and/or operational improvements, and verify adherence to policy
- Work closely with leadership teams across other departments to execute and lead on overall initiatives and business plans.
- Grow & Develop the Contact Center Team
- Build and develop the current contact center leadership and high potential staff to prepare for future growth
- Oversight of Hearing Consultants (Service and Sales) and Provider Relations (Service) agents including: hiring, retention, performance management, and succession planning
- 8+ years of progressively responsible general management/operations experience in a rapid-growth technology company with proven track record of success.
- The ideal candidate will have managed small to large call center teams (50 to 500+ employees) including direct management of Manager/Sr. Manager level employees
- A team player who is self-motivated, persistent, and proactive in driving results but can be creative and flexible in overcoming obstacles.
- Resourceful problem solver, powerful critical thinker
- Has managed and scaled budgets
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) skills required
- Experience with Avaya Aura, CTI Suite, TASKE, NICE IEX, SiSense helpful
- Ability to produce analysis and recommendations that can be easily understood.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Coachable, driven to improve self and the business
- Able to communicate effectively with all level of employees.
- Exudes the “TruHearing DNA” which includes being energetic, passionate, empathetic and mission –driven
- Leadership experience in both inbound B2B and inbound B2C call centers
- Our call centers work directly with patients and providers so experience in Insurance (especially Medicare related products) and Provider Relations/Networks is preferred
TruHearing offers a complete and generous compensation and benefits package including health coverage, a fully vested 401k match, education assistance, fully paid long and short-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. TruHearing is conveniently located across the street from the Draper FrontRunner station and subsidizes the cost of a UTA pass with access to Front Runner, TRAX and regular bus service – employee cost is less than $2 per day. TruHearing also offers an onsite fitness area and other recreational areas to help you relax and perform your best. You’ll work in an exciting and fun environment and have the opportunity to grow with us.
Are you interested in this position? Submit your resume below: