Reports To: CTO
Location: West Jordan, UT
Travel Required: 0%
Salary Range: Competitive, DOE
Position Type: Full Time
TruHearing is a fast-paced, customer-focused organization with an entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to making a real difference in people’s lives. We work with major health insurance plans, hearing aid manufacturers, and local healthcare providers across the United States to make hearing aids affordable for our customers.
About the Position:
TruHearing works with many stakeholder groups across the country to deliver the best value in hearing aids to our customers. Our goal is to make a complicated process as simple as possible for each individual stakeholder. To accomplish this objective, TruHearing relies on an internally developed software application.
This application is the backbone of our operational processes and the face of TruHearing to over 4,000 providers across the country. With internally developed code and integrations with COTS solutions, our application handles our needs across customer management, orders and payments, health plan data integrations, claims submission, marketing automation, provider engagement and practice management, etc.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the application delivers as intended. You would be responsible for developing and executing exploratory tests as well as automated tests in order to ensure product quality.
In this role, you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide functional QA in close proximity to a fast-paced development team
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automated testing processes
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Participate with the team in retrospectives
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- 4+ years as a QA engineer
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field, preferred
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes,
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools; experience with Selenium is a plus
- Proven work experience in software development
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plusExudes the “TruHearing DNA” which includes being energetic, passionate, empathetic, and mission-driven
- Team player that is self-motivated, persistent, and proactive in driving results but can be creative and flexible in overcoming obstacles
- Organized and methodical about managing multiple tasks simultaneously without letting important details get overlooked or getting overwhelmed
TruHearing offers a complete and generous compensation and benefits package including health coverage, a fully vested 401k match, education assistance, fully paid long and short-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. TruHearing is conveniently located across the street from the Draper FrontRunner station and subsidizes the cost of a UTA pass with access to Front Runner, TRAX and regular bus service – employee cost is less than $2 per day. TruHearing also offers an onsite fitness area and other recreational areas to help you relax and perform your best. You’ll work in an exciting and fun environment and have the opportunity to grow with us.
Are you interested in this position? Submit your resume below: