Health Insurance Claims Specialist
Reports To: Insurance Manager
Location: Draper, UT
Travel Required: None
Salary Range: DOE
Position Type: Full Time
TruHearing is a friendly, customer-focused organization that makes a real difference in people’s lives. We help people afford hearing aids by working with insurance companies, hearing aid companies, and healthcare providers across the country to reduce prices and expand access to care. Our employees enjoy a positive working environment and opportunities for advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including an on-site fitness center, reduced pricing on UTA passes with easy access to Front Runner, educational assistance program, seasonal company parties, and more. Join a company recognized in the Salt Lake Tribune as one of Utah’s Top Workplaces!
About the Position:
TruHearing contracts with major health plans across the country to provide their members with access to the TruHearing program. Some patients who purchase hearing aids through TruHearing’s program have insurance benefits that may pay a portion of the cost of the hearing aids. TruHearing’s insurance department works with the health plans to coordinate the patients’ claims and insurance benefits. TruHearing is looking to add additional members to its insurance department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review and understand insurance benefits applicable to patient claims.
- Coordinate with health plans to verify insurance coverage.
- Manage patient records, including entry of the patient health and insurance information in TruHearing’s proprietary data systems
- Manage claims processing
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Minimum education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Great communication and phone skills
- Possess proficient computer and typing skills
- Be detail oriented
- Patience with lengthy processes
- Reliable and dependable
- Prior experience with health plan claims processing
- Exudes the “TruHearing DNA” which includes being energetic, passionate, empathetic, and mission-driven
- Team player that is self-motivated, persistent, and proactive in driving results but can be creative and flexible in overcoming obstacles
- Invoicing and Collections
- Organized and methodical about managing multiple tasks simultaneously without letting important details get overlooked or getting overwhelmed
TruHearing offers a complete and generous compensation and benefits package including health coverage, a fully vested 401k match, education assistance, fully paid long and short-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. TruHearing is conveniently located across the street from the Draper FrontRunner station and subsidizes the cost of a UTA pass with access to Front Runner, TRAX and regular bus service – employee cost is less than $2 per day. TruHearing also offers an onsite fitness area and other recreational areas to help you relax and perform your best. You’ll work in an exciting and fun environment and have the opportunity to grow with us.
Are you interested in this position? Submit your resume below: